Free HTML Counters
Knobs and Things Coupon

Danielle's Corner Office: Getting into Shape!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting into Shape!

My sister, Susan, convinced me to join "Curves" with her a few months ago. The first month we did great and I made it a priority to go several times a week, but in December we were away for a week and a half when we went to Florida for vacation and after vacation I was too busy with holiday activities to go. January came and went and in February we had so much snow I didn't budge out of the house unless I had to. Well, it's now March and our "Curves" is having a "Biggest Loser" contest. I signed up and I am determined to exercise and eat sensibly! I may not be the biggest loser, but at least I will be doing something good for myself. Besides, if I exercise and eat well I'm winning anyway. Kristen and Amy went with me to exercise and they decided "Curves" was a great gym for me. The employees there are friendly and fun to be around, and the other patrons are people from our community and I know many of them. It really is a fun atmosphere. Kristen decided I needed to be held accountable for how often I went to exercise, so she went to the Dollar Store and bought an attendance poster and set it up for the weeks of the "Biggest Loser" contest. She also bought a roll of encouragement stickers and posted it in our kitchen. I get to put a sticker on each day I exercise! With support like that how can I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment