Free HTML Counters
Knobs and Things Coupon

Danielle's Corner Office: Lance's Birthday card

Monday, March 9, 2009

Lance's Birthday card

This isn't quite what he described to me when he was telling me what he wanted on his birthday card, but I decided to take his idea and make it mine! He likes several of the cuts on the "Indie Art" cartridge for the Cricut and told me he wanted the grenade, the biohazard sign, a scull and something else that I can't remember! When I looked at the cuts I decided I didn't like them together. They wasn't a theme-except that Lance liked all of them. Since he is in the U. S. Army I decided to go with just the grenade and added the stars. I bought a U. S. Army stack by K & Co. a few months ago to make a scrapbook for him, but haven't used any of the papers so I got that out and found some patterned papers I liked, then matched those with the green cardstock from Bazzill and some parchment cardstock I got several years ago. The stamps I used on the inside are from Studio G and Inkadinkadoo, and then I hand wrote "to our favorite soldier". I added a lot of inking with gold and walnut inks, and doodled a bit with gel pen. I think it turned out pretty nice, and I hope he likes it too.
Danielle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment