Free HTML Counters
Knobs and Things Coupon

Danielle's Corner Office: I haven't posted lately, but I do have good reasons!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I do have good reasons!

It has been super busy around our house lately and we have had some sad news also.
My Uncle died yesterday. He has been ill for several years, but the last few months he went downhill rapidly and he was hospitalized several times. His wife and children and several of his siblings were able to be with him in his last hours. We grieve, but at the same time we celebrate his life and have joy in knowing he is with his Savior and Lord in Heaven!
My father was hospitalized yesterday. He also has been in poor health for several years, but the past several days he has been very weak. He is already feeling better after receiving treatment for one day in the hospital and we are hopeful that he will be able to return home soon. I spent yesterday evening in the hospital with my mother and dad and when Daddy was finally settled in his room for the night, I took Mother home. My sister was coming to stay the night with Mother and I told Mother I would wait until she came. Mother insisted that she was fine, but a few minutes later she hugged me and said, "I really am fine, but I'm glad Lori is coming to stay!" I know she had a terribly hard day yesterday, losing her brother and having her husband in the hospital. In the past year my father's brother and sister-in -law died and 2 of my mother's brothers died. My mother also lost a cousin that she was close to.
I've been working a lot of night shifts lately, as one of the full time nurses had a week of vacation. I don't like to work nights too often, but I got through the week and next week I am only working day and evening shifts.
I have made a few cards lately, but I haven't gotten them posted due to problems with my photo software. I am going to try to get that fixed this week and hopefully I will able to post my cards soon. Blessings to all!
Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Oh Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. And your dad...I will be praying for yur whole family... Don't forget that we have a BIG GOD and He is there went you all.... Rest in HIm....
    BIG HUGS TO YOU
    Sandg

    ReplyDelete