Free HTML Counters
Knobs and Things Coupon

Danielle's Corner Office: Birthday card for my mother

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Birthday card for my mother

I made this birthday card for my mother. I'm late, but she won't mind. I used my cricut for the die cuts. They all came from the Pagoda cartridge. The Chinese symbols mean "celebrate" and "mother". The fans were cut multiple times in cardstock, then the layer was cut once in patterened paper. The screen is cut once in cardstock and once from patterened paper. The blue cardstock is Bazzill, the pink and brown are from my 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock (tons of it and many different kinds-all thrown together), the patterened paper is from K & Co. The card blank is premade and is 5" x 7". The flowers are a combination of paper and silk flowers-again, I don't know the manufacturers. I inked the screen and added some doodling to define the tree pattern in the screen and added a border around the edge of the card. I added Stickles here and there and put pearls in the center of each flower. I designed this with my gypsy and I really like how it turned out.
Danielle

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable card. I love this cartridge but haven't used it yet. My son lives in Japan so when I saw it go on sale I knew I'd get use out of it. We plan to go there this summer. TFS!

    Christy
    http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete