Free HTML Counters
Knobs and Things Coupon

Danielle's Corner Office: Pink altered note paper holder

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pink altered note paper holder

Another altered note paper holder! This one is for my friend, Nancy, who is a breast cancer survivor. The pink ribbon design is actully an ampersand (&) cut with my cricut (I forget which font cartridge I used) in pink and in white (for the shadow). I then cut off the bottom to turn it into the ribbon design. It's popped off the box with foam tape. I added pink rhinestones for a bit of sparkle and also added Stickles around the outside of the shadow layer. The design on the edge of the lid is a clear stamp from Prima. I used "cotton candy" ink by Nicole, and used clear rhinestones. The papers are from my stash, so I don't know the manufacturer. I put a line of pearls between the stamped design and the patterened paper, to cover the edge and to divide the two. The flowers are made with some sheer ribbon that someone gave me. I gathered a length of ribbon into a circle and tied the ends of the thread and then added leaves cut from a silk flower I had lying around. I am entering this project into the following challenges:

1. One Stop Craft Challenge- http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ Diamonds are a girl's best friend
2. Allsorts Challenge- http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/ make a gift box
3. Saturday Challenge- http://thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything but a card
4. Cupcake Craft Challenges- http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/ monochromatic
5. Papertake Weekly Challenge- http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/  Something Girlie
6. A Spoon Full of Sugar- http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/ Ribbon, Pearls/Rhinestones, flowers
7. Fresh Brewed Blog Challenge- http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/  Two or more embellies
8. Simon Says Stamp Challenge- http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/ Mother's Day/Girlie

This is a "before" pic. I took the box completely apart before covering and embellishing it!

Photobucket

Here are the "after pics.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



17 comments:

  1. This is amazing!

    Thanksd for joining us at Secret crafter this week

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty and your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this turned out absolutely beautifully, love all the bling! Thank you so much for entering this in the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...This is such a stunning and wonderful box! Love the colors, the roses are so sweet! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, that's gorgeous, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box is fantastic, Danielle! Great job, the embellishments are gorgeous and I love your choice of pink! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fab project. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work, I love how you have altered the box, it looks so pretty. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh this is such an amazing creation, and such lovely choice of colours,

    thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 126 Anything But a Card

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation

    Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday this week and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous box! I love the bling

    thanks for playing along with us at Fresh Brewed Designs 2 or more Embellishments challenge!
    Have a blessed day!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous!! I love the embellishments and colors.

    Thanks so much for entering in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely!

    Thanks for joining us on our "Anything but a card" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Great project! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope to see you back again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow gorgeous notebook, stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it!
    I would love to have you link something up to my blog hop! Come check it out, it is all about trying something new.
    http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-hop-new-season-new-skill.html

    ReplyDelete